Cambodia Anti-Doping Agency (CADA)
In May 24th 2005, the Cambodian Government signed the Copenhagen Declaration on Anti-Doping in Sport. The declaration was drafted and agreed to by governments at the Second World Conference on Doping in Sport held in Copenhagen, Denmark, in March 2003. It recognizes the role and supports the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and the World Anti-Doping Code.
In May 01st 2008, the Cambodian Government ratified the UNESCO International Convention against Doping in Sport.
In March 05th 2012, Cambodian Anti-Doping Agency (CADA) was established by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport of the Kingdom of Cambodia.
CADA was officially launched their operation since 2014 as a National Anti-Doping Agency (NADO) for Cambodia.
To protect clean sport and healthy of athletes
To protect the integrity of sports to be free from doping and striving for fair and healthy competition in the spirit of pure performance.
Roles of CADA:-
- To manage and execute sample collection for anti-doping purposes;
- To develop and execute a comprehensive education plan;
- To educate the public about anti-doping and doping free sport in the society;
- To play a leading role in ensuring effective communication
- To implement strategic national and international partnership;
- To be a part of the government’s initiative to strengthen sports integrity in Cambodia.